ABILENE - 4-year-old boy, Liam Hardy has died as a result of the apartment fire in South Abilene on Wednesday morning.

Liam's uncle, Benjamin Reed told FOX15 tonight that his nephew was pronounced dead at a Lubbock hospital. Reed also added that his sister, Ashley Hardy (Liam's mother) is in stable condition, but is suffering from severe burns. Reed said Liam and his mother had one final moment via video chat before he passed away.

A youcaring.com page has been setup to assist the family. To donate CLICK HERE.