The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission wants to remind everyone this holiday seasons. A person may provide alcohol to a minor only if they are the adult parent guardian or spouse to that minor.
They also must be present when the minor possesses or consumes the alcohol.
Anyone else giving alcohol to a minor even with parent's permission is breaking the law.
You can face up to year in jail up to a $4,000 fine and automatic suspension of your driver's license for 180 days.