Space heaters source of many Abilene fires

Space heaters are the source of many Abilene fires.

ABILENE, TX - The Abilene Fire Department said that last winter many of the fires they responded to were caused by space heaters.

They say to make sure they are at least 3 feet away from anything that could catch on fire.

It's also best to plug them into a wall, rather than an extension cord.

A sales associate at Lowe's said newer automatic heaters switch off when tipped over. 

This could save you, and your home.

© 2017 KXVA-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
TRENDING VIDEOS
More Stories