ABILENE, Texas — The majority of City of Abilene offices and service centers will close May 27, July 4 and Sept. 2 in observance of the Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day holidays. Abilene Police and Fire departments, and those providing life safety services will be in operation.
Closed May 27, July 4 and Sept. 2:
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Convention Center Offices
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Citizen Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services Offices
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations will be due the next business day with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
- Residential – no pick-up, resume regular schedule the next business day
- Commercial – will run on regular schedule
- No service
The South Branch Library at the Mall of Abilene will open regular hours.
Adventure Cove and splash pads will open regular hours.
Abilene Zoo will be open regular hours, but close at 3 p.m. July 4.
The Water Services Center, 701 E. Hwy 80, will open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For water emergencies, call the water hotline 325-676-6000 at any time.
For animal-related emergencies, contact Abilene Police at 325-673-8331.